Step 1: Click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Step 2: Type services. msc into the search field at the bottom of the menu, then press Enter on your keyboard. Step 3: Scroll down the list (it is sorted alphabetically) until you find the Print Spooler option.
How do I turn off Print Spooler in Windows 7?
To disable the Print Spooler service (in case you never use a printer), on Windows 7, follow these steps:
- Click on Start button and type services. …
- In the Services window, look for the following entry: Print Spooler.
- Double click on it and set the Startup type as Disabled.
- Finally, click OK to validate.
How do I open Print Spooler?
Method 2: Using the Services Console
- Click on the Windows or Start button.
- Type services. msc in the Start Search box. …
- Click Services in the Programs list. …
- Locate and right-click on Print Spooler, and then click Stop from the drop-down menu.
- Right click Print Spooler again, and then click Start from the dop down menu.
How do I set up a Print Spooler in Windows 7?
Right-click the “Print Spooler” service and select “Start” from the next menu. Wait until the printer spooler is added, then close the Services and Control Panel windows.
Can you print in Safe Mode Windows 7?
No, you can not print in Safe Mode. The Print Spooler is one of the services that is disabled in Safe Mode.
How do I reset my printer on Windows 7?
Do the following steps to reset the printing system in Windows 7:
- Click the Windows Start button, and then click Control Panel. …
- Click Administrative Tools. …
- Click Print Management. …
- Click Print Servers. …
- Right click in the white space below the name of the print server, and then select Add/Remove Servers.
Is it OK to disable Print Spooler?
You would not be able to print locally or remotely after turning off the Print Spooler service. However, your device should be protected against PrintNightmare or any other printer vulnerability attack. 1. Search for PowerShell in the Start Menu and run the program as an administrator.
Is disabling Print Spooler enough?
According to Dvir’s experience, 90% of servers do not require Print Spooler. It is the default configuration for most of them, so it is usually enabled. As a result, disabling it can solve 90% of your problem and have little impact on production.
How do I clear the Print Spooler service?
To delete Print Spooler Files: First, disable Print Spooler service: open services (Press Windows Key + R then type services. msc and press Enter). In the Services listed locate Print Spooler service then Stop it.
How do I fix the print spooler service is not running?
Fix for “The print spooler service is not running” Error in…
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“. …
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
How do I turn on the Print Spooler in Windows 10?
How to Enable and start the Spooler Service or Start Printer Spooler Service
- Click Start, type Services.msc in the Search box, or Click WIN+Q, type “Services.msc” in the open box.
- Double-click Printer Spooler in the list.
- Click on Start, In the Startup Type list, make sure that “Automatic” is selected and click OK.