How do I connect my Windows Phone to a hotspot?
Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
- For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share.
- Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save.
Why my mobile hotspot is not working in Windows 8?
Try to run Windows Update and install all the updates available for Wireless network. Go to the manufacturers support website, where you can enter the model number of the computer hardware and download the latest drivers for Windows 8.1.
How do I connect my Windows 8 phone to the Internet?
Process: Click the WiFi icon on the lower-right corner of your screen. A list of available wireless networks will appear on the right. Select the wireless network you wish to connect to and click the Connect button.
How do I connect my Windows 10 phone to a hotspot?
How to use your Windows 10 PC as a mobile hotspot
- Go to Windows Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
- For “Share my Internet connection over,” choose Wi-Fi to share your connection.
How do I connect my iPhone to a Windows hotspot?
How to connect Hotspot from the phone to Windows PC
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app and then tap Personal Hotspot.
- On the next screen tap the slider labelled Personal Hotspot to activate the feature.
- Just below the slider button you will also see the password for your smartphone’s hotspot.
Why can’t I connect to my hotspot?
Verify that the Mobile Hotspot or Smartphone Mobile Hotspot feature is turned on. … Restart the Hotspot device or phone. Restart the devices you are trying to connect to the Hotspot. Delete the Wi-Fi profile on the connecting device and re-add it.
Why won’t my PC connect to my hotspot?
Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC. Press Win+I to open Settings and go to Network and Internet. … Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right-click and go to Properties. Open the Sharing tab and uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
Why is my hotspot not showing up?
Ensure that you have Mobile Hotspot enabled on your phone: Android – From the home screen > Select Settings > More Networks > Tethering and Wi-Fi Hotspot. Windows – From the home screen > Select Settings > Internet Sharing > Turn Sharing On.
How do I connect my Windows 8 laptop to my phone?
On your computer
- On the compatible computer, turn the Wi-Fi setting to On. Note: It is not necessary to connect the computer to a network.
- Press the. Windows Logo + C key combination.
- Select the Devices charm.
- Select Project.
- Select Add a display.
- Select Add a Device.
- Select the model number of the TV.
Why is my Windows 8 not connecting to Wi-Fi?
From your description, you are unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network from the Windows 8 computer. You might be facing the issue due to several reasons like network adapter issues, driver issues, hardware or software issues.
How do I add a wireless Network to Windows 8?
Manually Add a Wi-Fi Network – Windows® 8
Tap or click Search. Enter network and sharing into the search field. From the search results (located below the search field), tap or click Network and Sharing Center. Tap or click Set up a new connection or network.