Press “Shift” key while you are clicking Power> Restart button so as to boot into WinRE. Navigate to Troubleshoot > Reset this PC. Then, you will see two options: “Keep my files” or “Remove everything”.
How do I wipe my computer before selling Windows 7?
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and click Get Started under Reset this PC. You are then asked if you want to keep your files or delete everything. Select Remove Everything, click Next, then click Reset. Your PC goes through the reset process and reinstalls Windows.
How do I wipe Windows 7 without a disk?
Method 1: Reset your computer from your recovery partition
- 2) Right-click Computer, then select Manage.
- 3) Click Storage, then Disk Management.
- 3) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type recovery. …
- 4) Click Advanced recovery methods.
- 5) Select Reinstall Windows.
- 6) Click Yes.
- 7) Click Back up now.
How do I permanently delete files from my PC?
To permanently delete a file:
- Select the item you want to delete.
- Press and hold the Shift key, then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Because you cannot undo this, you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the file or folder.
How do I factory Reset my HP desktop computer?
Resetting your computer from the Start screen
- From the Start screen, type reset to open the Search charm, and then select Remove everything and reinstall Windows from the search results. …
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started.
- On the Reset your PC screen, click Next.
Can I do a factory Reset on my laptop?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.