If you only want to delete the installer, you can select it from the Trash, then right-click the icon to reveal the Delete Immediately… option for just that file. Alternatively, your Mac can delete the macOS installer on its own if it determines that your hard drive doesn’t have enough free space.
Can I delete old versions of Mac OS?
Navigate to the version of the file that you’d like to remove first. Once you’re there, move your cursor to the top of the screen, and voilà—your formerly hidden menu bar should reappear! Then choose File > Revert To > Delete This Version.
Should I delete old macOS?
No, they aren’t. If it’s a regular update, I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s been a while since I remember there was an OS X “archive and install” option, and in any case you would need to select it. Once it’s done it should free up the space of any old components.
How do you free up space on your Mac?
How to free up storage space manually
- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space. …
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash. …
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
How do I delete unnecessary files from my Mac?
What are user cache files and how to remove them?
- Open Finder.
- Press Command+Shift+G.
- Enter the following command into the field and select Go: ~/Library/Caches .
- In the window that appears, you will see all your cache files.
- Press Command+A to select all files and delete them.
How do I free up space on my Mac to delete old backups?
How do I get rid of all these backups?
- Open Time Machine Preferences from the Time Machine menu in the menu bar on your Mac.
- Uncheck Back Up Automatically.
- Wait a few minutes for the local snapshots to delete.
- Check Back Up Automatically again.
What happens if you delete Mac OS?
It is safe to delete, you will just be unable to install macOS Sierra until you re-download the installer from the Mac AppStore. Nothing at all except you would have to download it again if you ever need it. After install, the file would usually be deleted anyway, unless you move it to another location.
How do I free up disk space?
Here’s how to free up hard drive space on your desktop or laptop, even if you’ve never done it before.
- Uninstall unnecessary apps and programs. …
- Clean your desktop. …
- Get rid of monster files. …
- Use the Disk Cleanup Tool. …
- Discard temporary files. …
- Deal with downloads. …
- Save to the cloud.
How do I clear my system storage?
To clean up Android apps on an individual basis and free up memory:
- Open your Android phone’s Settings app.
- Go to the Apps (or Apps and Notifications) settings.
- Make sure All apps is selected.
- Tap on the app you wish to clean.
- Select Clear Cache and Clear Data to remove the temporary data.