If your icons stay in place where you put them, Auto Arrange is already turned off. They get re/dis-organized when Windows changes the screen resolution. If it happens every time you start the computer it could be the result of the way Windows boots your computer and video system.
How do I fix my desktop icons rearrange themselves?
- Right-click the desktop.
- Select View.
- Point to Arrange Icons by.
- Click Auto Arrange to remove the check mark next to it.
Why did my desktop icons rearrange themselves?
1. Some programs (such as computer games in particular) change the screen resolution when you run them. When it happens, Windows automatically re-arranges the desktop icons to fit the new screen size. When you exit the game, the screen resolution may change back, but the icons have already been re-arranged.
Why can’t I move my desktop icons where I want them?
2] Uncheck Auto arrange icons
When the auto-arrange option is turned on, the icons are moved to their positions automatically as soon as you try to change their positions. You can turn it off using the following steps: Right-click on an empty area of the desktop. … Uncheck Auto arrange icons option in the context menu.
How do I restore my desktop icons?
To restore these icons, follow these steps:
- Right-click the desktop and click Properties.
- Click the Desktop tab.
- Click Customize desktop.
- Click the General tab, and then click the icons that you want to place on the desktop.
- Click OK.
How do I move the icons on my computer screen?
To arrange icons by name, type, date, or size, right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Arrange Icons. Click the command that indicates how you want to arrange the icons (by Name, by Type, and so on). If you want the icons to be automatically arranged, click Auto Arrange.
How do I organize my Desktop in Windows 10?
How to organize your desktop in Windows 10
- Delete all unwanted desktop icons and shortcuts.
- Decide how you want to sort then icons by.
- If you have many icons, you can place them in subject-wise folders.
- Opt to pin oft-used shortcuts to your Start Menu or Taskbar.
Why can’t I put icons on my Desktop?
Simple Reasons for Icons Not Showing
You can do so by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting View and verify Show desktop icons has a check beside it. If it’s just the default (system) icons you seek, right-click the desktop and choose Personalize. Go into Themes and select Desktop icon settings.