3 Answers. tomcat webapps root is /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ and you may want to set a soft link to it in /usr/share/tomcat7 : cd /usr/share/tomcat7/ ln -s /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ .
Where is webapps folder in Tomcat?
The default appBase location is “$CATALINA_BASE/webapps”, or “$CATALINA_HOME/webapps”, if no base directory has been defined. Next, if the application does not contain a Context fragment, one must be added within the appropriate Host element in Tomcat’s server. xml configuration file.
Where is Tomcat installation directory?
Installing on Windows
- Specify the Tomcat installation location.
- Select to start Tomcat as a service, and then select the port to run on. The default port is 8080.
- Add the Java mail.jar and activiation.jar files to the ./tomcat/common/lib directory. The mail and activation jar files can be found at:
Where is Tomcat folder in Linux?
Since late 2012, it is usually under /usr/share/tomcat7 . Prior to that, it was usually found under /opt/tomcat7 .
Can I deploy jar file in Tomcat?
Apache tomcat is a web container you cannot deploy a jar in tomcat server. If you created a web application then export your application as war file and put it in tomcat webapp directory, start the server and your war will be deployed.
How do I know if Tomcat is installed on Linux?
A simple way to see if Tomcat is running is to check if there is a service listening on TCP port 8080 with the netstat command. This will, of course, only work if you are running Tomcat on the port you specify (its default port of 8080, for example) and not running any other service on that port.
What is Tomcat base directory?
Tomcat base ($CATALINA_BASE) is place where server stores its instance. stuff (configs, etc). By default, it is the same as tomcat install dir. (CATALINA_HOME).
How do I run Tomcat on a different port?
How do I change the default port in Apache Tomcat?
- Stop Apache Tomcat service.
- Go to your Apache Tomcat folder (for example C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 7.0) and find file server. …
- Modify the Connector port value from 8080″ to the one you want to assign to your web server. …
- Save the file.
How do I start Tomcat in Linux?
How to Start and Stop Apache Tomcat from the Command Line (Linux)
- Start a Terminal window from the menu bar.
- Type in sudo service tomcat7 start and then hit Enter :
- You will receive the following message indicating the server is started:
How do I use find in Linux?
The find command is used to search and locate the list of files and directories based on conditions you specify for files that match the arguments. find command can be used in a variety of conditions like you can find files by permissions, users, groups, file types, date, size, and other possible criteria.