The taskbar is an element of an operating system located at the bottom of the screen. It allows you to locate and launch programs through Start and the Start menu, or view any program that’s currently open.
Where is my taskbar on Windows 7?
Press the Windows key on the keyboard to bring up the Start Menu. This should also make the taskbar appear.
How do I use the taskbar in Windows 7?
Show or hide the Taskbar in Windows 7
- Click the Start button and search for “taskbar” in the search field.
- Click “Auto-hide the taskbar” in the results.
- When you see the Taskbar menu appear, click the Autohide the Taskbar checkbox.
Does Windows 7 have a taskbar?
The taskbar comes preloaded with three icons next to the Start menu: Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, and Media Player. … You can also right-click the icon on the Start Menu and choose Pin to Taskbar from the pop-up menu. For even more customization, right-click a blank part of the taskbar, and choose Properties.
How do I permanently hide my taskbar Windows 7?
3) B) Add a shortcut to Taskbar-Hide.exe in your startup folder, to have it launch automatically with windows on startup (you still need to use the Ctrl+Esc hotkeys to activate the functions of taskbar-hide – though you could also script this if you were really keen).
How do I restore my taskbar in Windows 7?
- 1Choose Start, immediately type gpedit. …
- 2Choose User Configuration→Administrative Templates→Start Menu and Taskbar.
- 3Double-click Show Quick Launch on Taskbar on the Settings list.
- 4Choose Enabled and click OK.
- 5Back on the desktop, right-click the taskbar and choose Toolbars→New Toolbar.
Why does my taskbar not hide Windows 7?
If you’re using Windows 8, 7, or Vista, you’ll see the “Taskbar and Start Menu Properties” window instead. Make sure that the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option is enabled. Sometimes, if you’re experiencing problems with your taskbar auto-hiding, just turning the feature off and back on again will fix your problem.
Why does my Windows 7 taskbar look different?
It sounds like you have the Classic Theme enabled. Right click the Desktop and select Personalize. Look to see which theme is selected there. You can select either an Aero Theme or the Windows Basic Theme to get the Windows 7 look back.
How do I change the taskbar in Windows 7?
Just right-click on any open area of the taskbar and select Properties from the pop-up menu. When the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box appears, select the Taskbar tab. Pull down the Taskbar Location on Screen list and select the desired location: Bottom, Left, Right, or Top, then click OK.
How do I add quick access to Windows 7?
1. Right-click an empty area of the taskbar, point to Toolbars, and then click New toolbar. 3. Now you see the Quick Launch bar with the text on the rightside of the task bar.