It may be caused by an error in BIOS configuration, a faulty hard drive, or a damaged Master Boot Record. Another possible error message is “Missing operating system“. This error is also very common on Sony Vaio Laptops.
How do I fix missing operating system?
Follow the steps below carefully to repair the MBR.
- Insert the Windows Operating System Disc into the optical (CD or DVD) drive.
- Press and hold the Power button for 5 Seconds to turn off the PC. …
- Press the Enter key when prompted to Boot from CD.
- From the Windows Setup Menu, press the R key to start the Recovery Console.
What causes operating system not found error?
Causes of the ‘Operating System Not Found’ Error
BIOS has been misconfigured. Boot records are damaged. The hard drive is damaged or unreachable.
How do I fix my HP Operating system not found?
Use one of the following steps to resolve the error:
- Step 1: Test the Hard Drive. Use the steps below to test the hard drive in a Notebook PC using the HP Hard Drive Self Test. …
- Step 2: Repair the Master Boot Record. …
- Step 3: Reinstall the Windows Operating System on the Hard Drive. …
- Step 4: Contact HP.
What happens if there is no operating system?
You can, but your computer would stop working because Windows is the operating system, the software that makes it tick and provides a platform for programs, like your web browser, to run on. Without an operating system your laptop is just a box of bits that do not know how to communicate with one another, or you.
Which is not operating system?
Android is not a operating system.
How do I fix Windows 10 operating system not found?
Method 1. Fix MBR/DBR/BCD
- Boot up the PC that is having an Operating system not found error and then insert the DVD/USB.
- Then press any key to boot from the external drive.
- When Windows Setup shows up, set keyboard, language, and other required settings, and press Next.
- Then select Repair your PC.
What is the last stage of the OS boot process?
After the initialization of the operating system, the BIOS copies the files into the memory. Then the operating system controls the boot process. In the end, the operating system does a final inventory of the system memory and loads the device drivers needed to control the peripheral devices.