How do you reverse a file?
How To Display a File in Reverse on Linux
- To view a file in reverse, there is simply the tac command. It is actually the CAT written in reverse: tac file.
- Like the command cat, you can concatenate several files, which will be put together, but in reverse: tac file1 file2 file3.
How do you reverse the order of lines in a file?
3. nl/sort/cut Commands
- 3.1. nl. To be able to order the file in reverse order, we need an index for each row. …
- 3.2. sort. Now we want to sort these indexed lines into reverse order, for which we should use sort: …
- 3.3. cut.
How do you reverse a line in Linux?
rev command in Linux is used to reverse the lines characterwise. This utility basically reverses the order of the characters in each line by copying the specified files to the standard output. If no files are specified, then the standard input will read. Using rev command on sample file.
How do I print in reverse order?
Microsoft Word has a single command that forces the printer to reverse print every print job:
- Open Word, then click Options > Advanced.
- Scroll through and come to the Print section on the right.
- When you want to reverse print a page, select the Print Pages in Reverse Order check box.
What is the command is used to eliminate duplicate in files?
The uniq command is used to remove duplicate lines from a text file in Linux. By default, this command discards all but the first of adjacent repeated lines, so that no output lines are repeated. Optionally, it can instead only print duplicate lines. For uniq to work, you must first sort the output.
How do I reverse the order of data in Linux?
-r Option: Sorting In Reverse Order : You can perform a reverse-order sort using the -r flag. the -r flag is an option of the sort command which sorts the input file in reverse order i.e. descending order by default. Example: The input file is the same as mentioned above.
What is the command to hide a file in Linux?
Open folder or directories in your GUI file manager. Press CTRL+H to see or hide hidden files along with regular files.
How do I print an array in reverse order?
Q. Program to print the elements of an array in reverse order.
- Declare and initialize an array.
- Loop through the array in reverse order that is, the loop will start from (length of the array – 1) and end at 0 by decreasing the value of i by 1.
- Print the element arr[i] in each iteration.
How do I print a PDF in reverse order?
Reversing Page Order for Printing Procedures in 3 Simple Steps
- Select the File button, or press Ctrl+P on Windows or Cmd+P on macOS.
- Under “Print Range,” check the box that says “Reverse Pages.” Power PDF automatically reverses all pages for printing without changing the document itself.
How do I change print order?
Printers usually print the first page first, and the last page last, so the pages end up in reverse order when you pick them up. To reverse the order: Press the menu button in the top-right corner of the window and press the Print button. In the General tab of the Print window under Copies, check Reverse.