How do I restore my entire computer to factory settings?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I restore my Windows 10 computer to factory settings?
Click the Start menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window. You can also select the Settings app from the app list. Under Settings, click Update & Security > Recovery, then select Get started under Reset this PC.
What button do you press to restore computer to factory settings?
Rather than reformatting your drives and restoring all your programs individually, you can reset the entire computer back to its factory settings with the F11 key. This is a universal Windows restore key and the procedure works on all PC systems.
How do I wipe my Windows computer before selling it?
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under the Reset this PC section, click the Get started button.
- Click the Remove everything button.
- Click the Change settings option.
- Turn on the Data erasure toggle switch. …
- Click the Confirm button.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
When you do a factory reset on your Android device, it erases all the data on your device. It is similar to the concept of formatting a computer hard drive, which deletes all the pointers to your data, so the computer no longer knows where the data is stored.
How do I wipe my computer clean and start over?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
How do I factory Reset Windows 10 without a disk?
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
Will I lose Windows 10 if I factory restore?
When you use the “Reset this PC” feature in Windows, Windows resets itself to its factory default state. … If you installed Windows 10 yourself, it will be a fresh Windows 10 system without any additional software. You can choose whether you want to keep your personal files or erase them.
How long does it take to do a factory Reset on Windows 10?
It could take as long as 20 minutes, and your system will probably restart several times.
What does pressing F11 on startup do?
As for Dell, HP or Lenovo computers (PCs, notebooks, desktops), the F11 key is the pivotal key to recover system to computer default settings when your computer corrupted due to hardware or software failure. … Boot your Dell computer, press Ctrl+F11 when the Dell logo appears, then follow the instructions to restore.
How do I wipe my Dell computer clean and start over?
Restore your Dell computer using Windows Push-Button Reset
- Click Start. …
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
- Select the option to Remove everything.
- If you are keeping this computer, select Just remove my files. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
How do I wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Windows?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I wipe my Windows 7 computer clean?
1. Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
How do I clean out my computer?
How to clean your computer, Step 1: Hardware
- Wipe down your computer. …
- Clean Your keyboard. …
- Blow dust buildup out of computer vents, fans and accessories. …
- Run check disk tool. …
- Check surge protector. …
- Keep PC ventilated. …
- Back up your hard drives. …
- Get antivirus software to protect from malware.