How do I get rid of other on my Android?
How to free up storage space and clean ‘Other’ section in storage
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and find the Storage option. …
- Under Storage, the UI may be different for different Android phone, but you can tap on any item to find more info about its content, and then can selectively delete stuff.
What is other files in Android storage?
WHEN YOU CHECK up your storage space on your phone, tablet, or computer, it’s normally broken up into different sections. You have your apps (are the bread and butter of your phone), images and video, audio, cached data (temporary data from a website or app designed to make them load up faster) and the ‘other’ file.
How do I reduce other storage on my Android?
Use Android’s “Free up space” tool
- Go to your phone’s settings, and select “Storage.” Among other things, you’ll see information on how much space is in use, a link to a tool called “Smart Storage” (more on that later), and a list of app categories.
- Tap on the blue “Free up space” button.
Why is other taking up my storage?
All this content (referred to as a “cache”) needs to be stored somewhere and it rapidly fills up your device. This cached content extends to a wide range of applications including your web browser (such as Safari, Chrome or Firefox) and apps like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
How do I clear other in internal storage?
To clean up Android apps on an individual basis and free up memory:
- Open your Android phone’s Settings app.
- Go to the Apps (or Apps and Notifications) settings.
- Make sure All apps is selected.
- Tap on the app you wish to clean.
- Select Clear Cache and Clear Data to remove the temporary data.
What is other in storage analysis?
What is Other in Storage? In the Android smartphone’s internal memory, any unspecified data files are categorized as “Other.” And this is what’s taking up space in your phone’s Other drive.
How do I clear Android cache?
In the Chrome app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
What are unnecessary files on my phone?
Untouched or unused files are disputable junk files. Unlike most system junk files that are automatically created, untouched or unused files are simply forgotten and take up space. It’s good to be aware of these files and delete them from your Android device periodically.
How do I free up space without deleting apps?
First of all, we would like to share two easy and quick ways to free up Android space without removing any applications.
- Clear the cache. A large number of Android apps use the stored or cached data to ensure a better user experience. …
- Store your photos online.
Why does my phone show insufficient storage?
If you’re seeing an “Insufficient storage available” message on your Android, chances are that you’ve used up most of your device’s available memory. To rectify this, you’ll need to make some space by deleting apps and/or media; you can also add external storage, such as a Micro SD card, to your phone.