In order to access BIOS on a Windows PC, you must press your BIOS key set by your manufacturer which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. If your PC goes through its power on self-test startup too quickly, you can also enter BIOS through Windows 10’s advanced start menu recovery settings.
How do I get into BIOS on my desktop?
To access your BIOS, you’ll need to press a key during the boot-up process. This key is often displayed during the boot process with a message “Press F2 to access BIOS”, “Press
to enter setup”, or something similar. Common keys you may need to press include Delete, F1, F2, and Escape.
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 10?
To enter BIOS from Windows 10
- Click –> Settings or click New notifications. …
- Click Update & security.
- Click Recovery, then Restart now.
- The Options menu will be seen after executing the above procedures. …
- Select Advanced options.
- Click UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Choose Restart.
- This displays the BIOS setup utility interface.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
If the F2 prompt doesn’t appear on the screen, you might not know when you should press the F2 key.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How Do I Completely Change the BIOS on My Computer?
- Restart your computer and look for the keys–or combination of keys–you must press to access your computer’s setup, or BIOS. …
- Press the key or combination of keys to access your computer’s BIOS.
- Use the “Main” tab to change the system date and time.
What key do you press to enter BIOS?
Here’s a list of common BIOS keys by brand. Depending on the age of your model, the key may be different.
BIOS Keys by Manufacturer
- ASRock: F2 or DEL.
- ASUS: F2 for all PCs, F2 or DEL for Motherboards.
- Acer: F2 or DEL.
- Dell: F2 or F12.
- ECS: DEL.
- Gigabyte / Aorus: F2 or DEL.
- HP: F10.
- Lenovo (Consumer Laptops): F2 or Fn + F2.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 10?
I – Hold the Shift key and restart
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options. All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
What is the boot menu key for Windows 10?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.
What is F12 boot menu?
If a Dell computer is unable to boot into the Operating System (OS), the BIOS update can be initiated using the F12 One Time Boot menu. Most Dell computers manufactured after 2012 have this function and you can confirm by booting the computer to the F12 One Time Boot menu.
How do I boot into BIOS without rebooting?
However, since the BIOS is a pre-boot environment, you can’t access it directly from within Windows. On some older computers (or those deliberately set to boot slowly), you can hit a function key such as F1 or F2 at power-on to enter the BIOS.
How do I check my BIOS settings?
Finding the BIOS Version on Windows Computers Using the BIOS Menu
- Restart the computer.
- Open the BIOS menu. As the computer reboots, press F2, F10, F12, or Del to enter the computer BIOS menu. …
- Find the BIOS version. In the BIOS menu, look for BIOS Revision, BIOS Version, or Firmware Version.
How do I get to advanced BIOS settings?
Please load bios defaults and check if it works by performing these steps:
- Please keep tapping the Esc key gently several times as soon as you power on the computer.
- It takes you to the startup menu.
- Then press the F10 key to go the bios.
- Then press F9 load setup defaults and select yes and push “enter.”