Why is my phone not detecting USB?
If you’re struggling to connect your Android phone to the computer with a USB cable to transfer some files, it’s a familiar problem you can fix in a few minutes. The problem of the phone not recognized by pc is commonly caused by incompatible USB cable, wrong connection mode, or outdated drivers.
Can’t connect to USB storage?
Computer doesn’t connect or file transfer with USB cable
- Inspect the USB or charging port. If it’s damaged, contact the manufacturer to ask about repair.
- Make sure the plug goes all the way into the port. …
- Try plugging the USB cable into different USB ports on the computer. …
- Try another computer.
How do I turn my USB on?
How To Use Your Android Phone as a USB Drive
- Connect your Android phone to your PC.
- On your Android device, slide down the notification drawer and tap where it says “USB connected: Select to copy files to/from your computer.”
- On the next screen select Turn on USB storage, then tap OK.
How do I enable USB storage on my Samsung?
To set the Samsung Galaxy S2 to USB Mass Storage (MSC) mode, go into “Settings > Applications > Development” and enable “USB debugging”. Then drag the status bar down and tap on “USB connected”. The “USB connected” screen with the large green Android icon will appear. Tap on “Connect USB storage“.
Why is my USB tethering not working?
Change your APN settings: Android users can sometimes fix Windows tethering problems by changing their APN settings. … Access it by going to Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names, then tap your mobile provider from the list. Scroll down and tap MVNO type, then change it to IMSI.
How do I fix unrecognized USB?
Resolution 4 – Reinstall USB controllers
- Select Start, then type device manager in the Search box, and then select Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Press and hold (or right-click) a device and select Uninstall. …
- Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.
How do I fix my USB storage on my Android?
The easy fix
Restart your phone. That’s right, restart it. Often this will clear up various caches on your phone and reset the likes of the USB storage back to normal.
Where is OTG in settings?
In many devices, there comes an “OTG setting” that needs to be enabled to connect the phone with external USB appliances. Usually, when you try to connect an OTG, you get an alert “Enable OTG”. This is when you need to turn the OTG option ON. To do this, navigate through Settings > Connected devices > OTG.
How do I fix my USB on my Android?
How to Fix Android USB Device Not Recognized but Charging Problem
- Try a new USB cable and another computer. …
- Connect Android device to PC directly instead of through USB hub.
- Reboot phone and connect to PC while in Airplane mode.
- Remove battery and SIM card, and wait a while, then put them back and reboot.
Why did my USB ports suddenly stop working?
When your USB ports suddenly stop working, the problem can always be tracked down to either a hardware or software failure. Some of these problems are the same across both Windows and Mac, while others are unique to just one or the other. Restart your computer.
How do I check my USB storage?
How can I find the free capacity of my USB drive? To find the free capacity of data in your removable hard drive simply open the drive on your computer and right click. A selection box should appear. After the selection box appears, select properties, and from there you will find your data available.