How do I make a new folder on my computer?
The fastest way to create a new folder in Windows is with the CTRL+Shift+N shortcut.
- Navigate to the location where you want to create the folder. …
- Hold down the Ctrl, Shift, and N keys at the same time. …
- Enter your desired folder name. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to create the folder.
What are the steps to create a folder?
- Click Actions, Create, Folder.
- In the Folder name box, type a name for the new folder.
- Click Next.
- Choose whether to move the objects or to create shortcuts: To move selected objects to the folder, click Move the selected items to the new folder. …
- Select the objects you want to add to the folder.
- Click Finish.
Where is Folder option in Windows 8?
Windows 8. x and 10
- In Windows 8. …
- Open the Control Panel.
- Choose Folder Options under Appearance and Personalization.
- Click the Options icon on the right of the ribbon.
- In the Folder Options dialog box, select the View tab.
- Select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
How do I create a folder and save it on my computer?
Create a new folder when saving your document by using the Save As dialog box
- With your document open, click File > Save As.
- Under Save As, select where you want to create your new folder. …
- In the Save As dialog box that opens, click New Folder.
- Type the name of your new folder, and press Enter. …
- Click Save.
How do I create a file on my laptop?
How do I create a file on a computer? Right click anywhere on your desktop or inside an Explorer window, then highlight New. Select the new file type you want, and click it. If you want to create a new file of a type not included in this list, you’ll have to create it from within the program you’re using.
Why can’t I create a new folder in Windows 10?
If you can’t create new folder in Windows 10, this is largely down to corrupted registry keys; and here are a few ways you can fix it and restore your new folder option. … Create new folder right-click missing – In some cases, the new folder option might be missing from the right-click menu.
How do you create a file?
Create a file
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides app.
- In the bottom right, tap Create .
- Choose whether to use a template or create a new file. The app will open a new file.
How do you I password protect a folder?
How to password protect a folder
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder you want to password-protect. Right-click on the folder.
- Select Properties from the menu. …
- Click the Advanced button, then select Encrypt content to secure data. …
- Double-click the folder to ensure you can access it.
How do I show hidden folders?
View hidden files and folders in Windows 10
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
- Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
How can I see the hidden files in Windows 8?
Type folder in the search box, then select Folder Options from the search results. Select the View tab. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
How do I add a new folder in Windows 10?
How to Create a New Folder in Windows 10
- Right-click inside your folder (or on the desktop) and choose New. The all-powerful right-click shoots a menu out the side.
- Choose Folder. When you choose Folder, shown here, a new folder quickly appears, waiting for you to type a new name. …
- Type a new name for the folder.
How do I manage files and folders on my computer?
10 File Management Tips to Keep Your Electronic Files Organized
- Organization Is the Key to Electronic File Management. …
- Use the Default Installation Folders for Program Files. …
- One Place for All Documents. …
- Create Folders in a Logical Hierarchy. …
- Nest Folders Within Folders. …
- Follow the File Naming Conventions. …
- Be Specific.