If you decide to use the iTunes method, you should install the latest version of iTunes. Then connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and select your iOS device. On “Summary”, select Check for update then choose Download and update .
How do I choose iOS update on iTunes?
Using iTunes, you can update software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Connect your device to your computer. …
- In the iTunes app on your PC, click the Device button near the top left of the iTunes window.
- Click Summary.
- Click Check for Update.
- To install an available update, click Update.
Can you choose which iOS to update to?
By alt-clicking on the update-button in iTunes you are able to select a specific package you want to update from. Select you downloaded package and wait until the software ist installed on the phone. You should be able to install the most recent version of iOS for your iPhone model this way.
How do I install a specific version of iOS?
Select the “Devices” tab, and you will see the option to change the iOS version for that device. Apple recommends (as do I) that you have separate devices for each iOS version you wish to test on. Therefore, one iPhone per version. Then you can easily test your code on all the different versions of iOS.
Where is the iOS device icon in iTunes?
View your device in iTunes
If you’re using Windows or macOS Mojave or earlier, your device will show in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window. If you don’t see your device on your computer, learn what to do.
What happens if you don’t update your iPhone software?
Will my apps still work if I don’t do the update? As a rule of thumb, your iPhone and your main apps should still work fine, even if you don’t do the update. … If that happens, you might have to update your apps too. You’ll be able to check this in Settings.
Can I go back to an older version of iOS?
Apple might occasionally let you downgrade to a previous version of iOS if there’s a big problem with the latest version, but that’s it. You can choose to sit on the sidelines, if you like — your iPhone and iPad won’t force you to upgrade. But, after you do upgrade, it’s not generally possible to downgrade again.
Is there a way to update an old iPad?
You can also follow these steps:
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. …
- To update now, tap Install. …
- If asked, enter your passcode.
14 дек. 2020 г.
Is my iPad too old to update?
The iPad 2, 3 and 1st generation iPad Mini are all ineligible and excluded from upgrading to iOS 10 AND iOS 11. … Since iOS 8, older iPad models such as the iPad 2, 3 and 4 have only been getting the most basic of iOS features.
What is the latest version of iOS?
The latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 14.4.1. Learn how to update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The latest version of macOS is 11.2.3. Learn how to update the software on your Mac and how to allow important background updates.
How do I install an older version of iOS?
It sounds like the Apple Support article explains what you need to do to get the app in the version you want.
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone.
- Press Updates and then press Purchased.
- When you get there, it should show your Apple account and it will say My Purchases.
- Press that and it will show you all of your apps.
8 июл. 2015 г.
How do I upgrade to higher iOS?
Open the Settings app. Tap on General, then on Software Update (Figure D). Your device will check for an update, and if one is available it will give you the option to download and install it. Follow the steps and your device will be up to date with the latest, greatest version of iOS!
How can I update my iPhone 5 to iOS 11?
How to Update iPhone or iPad to iOS 11 Directly on the Device via Settings
- Back up the iPhone or iPad to iCloud or iTunes before beginning.
- Open the “Settings” app in iOS.
- Go to “General” and then to “Software Update”
- Wait for “iOS 11” to appear and choose “Download & Install”
- Agree to the various terms and conditions.
23 сент. 2017 г.
Why can’t I see my iPhone in iTunes?
Make sure that your iOS or iPadOS device is unlocked and on the Home screen. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC. If you’re using iTunes, make sure you have the latest version. Make sure that your device is turned on.
How do I connect my device to iTunes?
Apple iPhone – Perform Wi-Fi Sync with iTunes
- Ensure the iPhone is powered on.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable. …
- In iTunes, select the iPhone under Devices in the left column.
- Click Summary on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi.
- Click Apply.
How do I connect my iPhone to my computer via USB?
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Personal Hotspot. If you don’t see Personal Hotspot, tap Carrier and you will see it.
- Tap the switch next to Personal Hotspot to turn on.
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
- The device will automatically begin tethering after syncing is complete.