How do I change the default port for Jenkins in Linux?
In case you want to change the default jenkins port on Linux,
- You can go to /etc/default/jenkins.
- add –httpPort=9999 or whatever port to JENKINS_ARGS.
- Then you should restart Jenkins with sudo service jenkins restart.
How do I change the default port in Ubuntu?
Here are the steps to change port number in Apache in Ubuntu from 80 to 8080.
- Open Apache Config File. Open terminal and run the following command to open Apache server configuration file. …
- Change Apache Port Number. …
- Open Virtual Host Configuration (for Ubuntu/Debian) …
- Restart Apache Server.
Can we change Jenkins port?
Restart Jenkins service
On Ubuntu 16.04 LTS you can change the Port like that: Change port number in the config file /etc/default/jenkins to 8081 (or the port you like) HTTP_PORT=8081. Restart Jenkins: service jenkins restart.
How do I run Tomcat on a different port?
How do I change the default port in Apache Tomcat?
- Stop Apache Tomcat service.
- Go to your Apache Tomcat folder (for example C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 7.0) and find file server. …
- Modify the Connector port value from 8080″ to the one you want to assign to your web server. …
- Save the file.
How do I change the default port in Linux?
To change the port for the SSH server, follow these steps:
- Log in to the server as root using SSH.
- Open the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file in your preferred text editor (nano, vi, etc.).
- Locate the following line: Port 7822. …
- Change 7822 to the new port number that you want to use.
Why is port 8080 default?
“8080” was chosen since it is “two 80’s”, and also because it is above the restricted well known service port range (ports 1-1023, see below). Its use in a URL requires an explicit “default port override” to request a web browser to connect to port 8080 rather than the http default of port 80.
How do I change the default port for apache2?
Change Apache default port to a custom port
- Change Apache port on Debian/Ubuntu. Edit /etc/apache2/ports.conf file, $ sudo vi /etc/apache2/ports.conf. Find the following line: Listen 80. …
- Change Apache port on RHEL/CentOS. Make sure you have installed Apache webserver first.
How do I start Jenkins war on another port?
Using different ports for Jenkins
- Go to the Program Files/Jenkins directory where you installed Jenkins.
- Open the Jenkins.xml in the editor.
- Find ” –httpPort=8080 ” and replace the port 8080 with the new port number.
Which is not a CI tool?
Q. ➡️Which of the tools is not a CI tool? TeamCity is a Java-based build management and continuous integration server from JetBrains. It is a powerful continuous integration tool.
How do I run Jenkins on port 80?
Follow the below-given steps.
- Go to /etc/default folder –> Open the file “Jenkins”.
- Modify the line HTTP_PORT=8080 as HTTP_PORT=80.
- Start Jenkins as root by using the command: sudo /etc/init. d/jenkins start.
- Open a browser and browse as localhost:80.
How can I change Jenkins URL to HTTPS?
How to Configure SSL on Jenkins Server
- Obtain SSL certificates.
- Convert SSL keys to PKCS12 format.
- Convert PKCS12 to JKS format.
- Add JKS to Jenkins path.
- Configure Jenkins startup to use the JKS file.
- Validate Jenkins SSL.
What is Jenkins port 50000?
Jenkins runs on Tomcat, which uses port 8080 as the default. -p 5000:5000 required to attach slave servers; port 50000 is used to communicate between master and slaves. -v /data/jenkins:/var/jenkins_home to bind host directory /data/jenkins to the container directory /var/jennkins_home.