Right click the Desktop folder and select Properties. In Properties, go to the Location tab, and click on the Move button. In the folder browse dialog, select the new folder that you want to store your Desktop files. Click on the OK button to make the change.
How do I change my default Desktop location?
To change the default location for your PC, which Windows, apps, and services can use when a more exact location can’t be detected:
- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Location.
- Under Default location, select Set default.
- The Windows Maps app will open. Follow the instructions to change your default location.
How do I move my Desktop?
How to move a desktop computer
- First, make sure your computer is powered down and all cables and cords have been disconnected. …
- Next, as you disconnect all cables and cords, be sure to secure them with a twist-tie and place them in a labeled plastic baggie. …
- Find a cardboard box large enough to hold your computer.
How do I set my Desktop to D drive?
Right-click the Desktop or Document folder you want to move, and select Properties. Go to the Location tab, and click on the Move button. When the folder browse dialog shows up, select a new location where you want the folder to be moved.
Where is my Desktop file path?
In the navigation pane on the left side, right-click Desktop and select Properties. In the Properties window, click the Location tab. The directory path to the desktop is displayed in the text field on the Location tab.
How do I get back to desktop on Windows 10?
How to Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Click the icon in the lower right corner of the screen. It looks like a tiny rectangle that’s next to your notification icon. …
- Right click on the taskbar. …
- Select Show the desktop from the menu.
- Hit Windows Key + D to toggle back and forth from the desktop.
How do I switch my desktop back to C drive?
Here what i did to fix it:
- Right click your new HDD (whatever letter drive and name you gave it) and select Properties then select the Location Tab.
- Hit the ‘Restore To Default’ and click apply.
- THIS IS THE KEY: When it says to move all folder you would always want to select yes. …
- It moves the desktop back to the C:
Can I have different icons on different desktops in Windows 10?
The Task View feature allows you to create and manipulate multiple desktops. You can launch it by either clicking its icon in the tool bar, or by pressing the Windows+Tab keys. If you do not see the Task View icon, right-click the taskbar, and select the Show Task View button option.