Shift-right-clicking a file should bring up ‘Open With’ as one of the options in the context menu. In Windows 7, specifically on “.
How do I enable open with in Windows 7?
Restore Open With Function on Windows 7
- Click on Start > Run.
- Type “regedit” and press Enter, to open the registry.
- Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTUnknownshellopenascommand.
- Set the value of this key to “C:%Windir%rundll32.exe shell32. dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1”.
- Save your settings and close the registry.
How do I select Open with?
From the desktop, right-click the desired file, select Open with, and click Choose another app from the menu that appears. Select the desired application. If you don’t see the one you want, click More apps or Look for an app in the Store to look for other applications.
How do I add an app to open with?
Step-by-step instructions to manage default apps:
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Go into Apps & notifications.
- Hit Advanced.
- Select Default apps.
- Pick the apps you want for each option.
What is the default program for Windows 7?
Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Default Programs. Use this option to choose which programs you want Windows to use, by default. If a program does not show up in the list, you can make the program a default by using Set Associations.
How do I open another program?
- Right-click the icon you want to open.
- From the shortcut menu, choose the Open With submenu.
- Choose the program to open the file. The file opens in that program.
What menu do you use to open a program?
The Start menu provides access to every program installed on the computer. To open the Start menu, click the the Start menu button at the bottom-left corner of the screen or press the Windows key on the keyboard.
How do you open a program when there are no icons on the desktop?
How do you open a program such a microsoft word when there are no icons on the desktop? Double click on the desktop to reveal hidden icons. Click the start button and select the program from the menu. Use a keyboard command.
How do I reset what opens a file?
How to reset defalt programs to open files?
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Click the file type or protocol that you want the program to act as the default for.
- Click Change program.
How do you reset the app which opens a file?
How to Clear “Open by Default” Apps from Your Android Device
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Apps & Notifications. …
- Choose App info. …
- Choose the app that always opens. …
- On the app’s screen, choose Open by Default or Set as Default. …
- Tap the CLEAR DEFAULTS button.
What app opens files?
File Viewer is a FREE Android app that allows you to open and view files on your Android device. It supports over 150 file types and can display the contents of any file. You can use File Viewer’s information panel to view hidden file details and metadata. Get File Viewer FREE from the Google Play store!
How do I add something to Open With list?
Adding a new program for a file to open is is done from the right-click menu when selecting the file. Choose “Open with” to open an additional window with more options. Find a new program from the “Browse” button and select the proper executable. This is the easy way to add a new program to the list.
How do I add an application to the Open menu?
Right-click the image in Windows Explorer then mouse over “Open with” In the menu that opens, go to the bottom and select “Choose default program” Select the application of your choice under “Recommended Programs”
How do I add an app to my list?
First, determine which applications you want to add to a new folder. Then drag and drop your applications inside the new folder. If you’re using Android 1.5 through 2.1, you will need to press and hold down the Home screen for several seconds. Then select the folder option to create a new folder on your Android phone.