How do I change my default Google account on Android?
To begin, swipe down from the top of your Android smartphone or tablet’s screen (once or twice depending on the manufacturer) and then tap the gear icon to open the “Settings” menu. Scroll down the Settings list and select “Google.” Your default Google account will be listed at the top of the screen.
How do I switch Gmail accounts?
How to Change A Gmail Address Option 2
- Create a new Gmail account. …
- Sign into your first Gmail account. …
- Go to Change your Gmail username.
- In the top right, click Settings gear icon.
- Click the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the “Send mail as” section, click Add another email address.
How do you remove a Google account from an Android phone?
Remove a Google or other account from your phone
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Accounts. If you don’t see “Accounts,” tap Users & accounts.
- Tap the account you want to remove. Remove account.
- If this is the only Google Account on the phone, you’ll need to enter your phone’s pattern, PIN, or password for security.
How do I delete a Gmail account off my phone?
Here are the basic steps to remove a Gmail account from an Android device.
- Open Settings > Accounts.
- Select the Gmail account.
- Tap Remove Account.
- Confirm with a tap on Remove Account.
How do I get rid of a default Google account?
You can change your default Google account by signing out of all your Google accounts, and then signing back into the one you want as your default. The first Google account you sign back into will be set as your default until you log out of them all again.
How do I check my other Gmail account?
Using Gmail To Check Another Email Account
- Click the gear icon toward the top right corner and select “settings”
- You should see a list of “tabs” starting with General, Labels, Inbox, etc. …
- Next to “Check mail from other accounts” click “Add a POP3 mail account you own”
- Enter your email address and click “Next Step”
Can I change my email address without creating a new account?
How to Change Your Gmail Name Without Creating a New Email Address. … You can’t change your username or the actual email address. You can only change the name associated with the account. If people have you saved as something else in their contacts, that’s the name they’ll see.
How do I change my default Gmail?
Just like iOS devices, you cannot change the default Gmail account using the dedicated Gmail app on Android. The app takes you to your general Google Account settings, and this defeats the purpose. To change your default Google account on Android, you need to access your account via the Google Chrome app.
How do I unlink a Google account?
- Open your phone settings. Open your settings. Devon Delfino/Business Insider.
- Tap on “Accounts” (it may also be listed as “Users and Accounts,” depending on your device). Pick the account you want to delete. …
- Tap the account you want to remove and then click “Remove Account.” Tap “Remove account.”
How do I unlink a Gmail account?
Unlink your address
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap the Menu .
- Scroll down, then tap Settings.
- Tap the Gmail account you’d like to unlink from your other account.
- In the “Linked Account” section, tap Unlink account.
- Choose whether to keep copies of emails from the account.
How do I remove my Google account from another device?
Remotely Removing Your Gmail Account
Click “Security” in the left-hand menu. Scroll down to “Your Devices” and click “Manage Devices.” You’ll see the list of devices your Google account is signed in to. Click on your missing device, and under “Account Access,” click the “Remove” button.