The problem with the Built-in Administrator account is that it automatically bypasses the User Account Control settings and this is required for running the Store Apps. You need to Enable the User Account Control (UAC) option. Open Control Panel / User Accounts. Select the Change User Account Control settings.
How do I fix built-in administrator account?
Follow these steps:
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type secpol. …
- Click Local Policies then Security Options.
- In the right pane, right-click on User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account and select Properties.
How do you fix Microsoft Edge can’t be opened using the built-in administrator account?
Use the search option in the taskbar and enter secpol. msc then click on it in the search results. Under Local Policies, Security Options navigate to User Account Control Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account click on it to open the properties. Set the policy to Enabled and click Apply.
How do I use the built-in administrator account?
To enable this account, open an elevated Command Prompt window and issue two commands. First, type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter. Then type net user administrator , where is the actual password you want to use for this account.
How do I enable my hidden administrator account?
Double-click on the Administrator entry in the middle pane to open its properties dialog. Under the General tab, uncheck the option labelled Account is disabled, and then click Apply button to enable the built-in admin account.
How do I disable run as administrator?
Right-click on the program’s shortcut (or exe file) and choose Properties. Switch to the compatibility tab and uncheck the box next to “Run this program as an administrator”. Click “ok”.
Can’t be activated by the built in administrator?
Navigate to Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policy > Security Options. Locate and open the User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account. Under Local Security Setting tab select Enable. Click on Apply and OK to save your changes.
How do I run edge as administrator?
If you accidentally right-click on the Edge shortcut, e.g. in the Start Menu, and select ‘run as administrator’ option, Microsoft Edge will run with elevated rights i.e., in Administrator mode. When you do this, a warning message will be displayed in the upper-right hand corner of the browser window.
How do I run edge in non administrator mode?
One of the easier ways to run Microsoft Edge with elevated rights is to right-click on the Edge shortcut, e.g. in the Start Menu, and select “run as adminstrator”. The message states “Administrator Mode Detected. Close Microsoft Edge and relaunch in non-administrator mode for best performance”.
How do I find my administrator username and password?
Press Windows key + R to open Run. Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter. Select the User account you are using under the User tab. Check by clicking “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox and click on Apply.
How can I enable administrator account without admin rights?
- Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
- Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
- Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
- After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
How do I find out what my administrator password is?
Method 1 – Reset password from another Administrator account:
- Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember. …
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
- Click Reset Password.
How do I disable local administrator?
Enabling/Disabling Built-in Administrator Account in Windows 10
- Go to Start menu (or press Windows key + X) and select “Computer Management”.
- Then expand to “Local Users and Groups”, then “Users”.
- Select the “Administrator” and then right-click and select “Properties”.
- Uncheck “Account is disabled” to enable it.
How do I unlock the built-in administrator account in Windows 10?
To enable Administrator account in Windows 10 from Local Users and Groups:
- Right-click on “This PC”, select “Manage” to open Computer Management.
- Navigate to Local Users and Groups >> Users >> Administrator. …
- Uncheck the check box beside “Account is disabled”, click on Apply, and then click on OK.
How do I set a password for a built-in administrator?
Windows 10 and Windows 8. x
- Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt. msc , and then press Enter .
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.