Windows Media Player is available for Windows-based devices. … In some editions of Windows 10, it’s included as an optional feature that you can enable. To do that, select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.
What replaces Windows Media Player in Windows 10?
Part 3. Other 4 Free Alternatives to Windows Media Player
- VLC Media Player. Developed by VideoLAN Project, VLC is a free and open-source multimedia player that supports playing all types of video formats, DVDs, VCDs, Audio CDs, and streaming protocols. …
- KMPlayer. …
- GOM Media Player. …
How do I Install Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10?
Windows 10 Home and Pro
To do so, press Windows key + I to open Settings. Go to Apps > Optional features > Add a feature. Scroll down to Windows Media Player and select it. Click Install.
What is the default media player for Windows 10?
The Music app or Groove Music (on Windows 10) is the default music or media player.
Does Microsoft still support Windows Media Player?
“After looking at customer feedback and usage data, Microsoft decided to discontinue this service,” Microsoft says. “This means that new metadata won’t be updated on media players that are installed on your Windows device. However, any information that’s already been downloaded will still be available.”
What happened to Windows Media Player in Windows 10?
Windows 10 update removes Windows Media Player [Update]
Windows 10 is a work in progress. … If you want the media player back you can install it via the Add a Feature setting. Open Settings, go to Apps > Apps & Features, and click on Manage optional features.
Why Windows Media Player is not working?
If Windows Media Player stopped working correctly after the latest updates from Windows Update, you can verify that the updates are the problem by using System Restore. To do this: Select the Start button, and then type system restore. … Then run the system restore process.
Why is Windows Media Player not working on Windows 10?
1) Try reinstalling Windows Media Player with a PC restart in between: Type Features in Start Search, open Turn Windows Features On or Off, under Media Features, uncheck Windows Media Player, click OK. Restart PC, then reverse the process to check WMP, OK, restart again to reinstall it.
How do I update Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Apps > Apps and features.
- Click on Manage optional features.
- Select Add a feature.
- Scroll down to Windows Media Player.
- Click Install (the process might take several minutes to complete)
Where is Media Player on Windows 10?
Windows Media Player in Windows 10. To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R. Then type: wmplayer.exe and hit Enter.
How do I fix Windows Media Player?
How to Reinstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7, 8, or 10 to Solve Problems
- Step 1: Uninstall Windows Media Player. Open up Control Panel and type “windows features” into the search box, and then click on Turn Windows features on or off. …
- Step 2: Reboot. That is all.
- Step 3: Turn Windows Media Player Back On.
What’s the best free media player for Windows 10?
If you’re struggling to figure out the best option, here are the best free media players available for Windows 10.
- VLC Media Player. VLC Media Player is the most popular media player in the world. …
- PotPlayer. PotPlayer is a media player app from South Korea. …
- Media Player Classic. …
- ACG Player. …
- MPV. …
Does Windows 10 Media Player play DVDs?
Unfortunately, if you pop a DVD into your Windows 10 computer, you may bump into trouble because Windows 10 Media Player doesn’t support regular DVDs. … Microsoft offers a Windows DVD Player app, but it costs $15 and has generated a number of poor reviews. A better option lies in free, third-party programs.
Does Windows 10 come with a DVD player?
Microsoft has introduced a DVD Player app for Windows 10 for people who still want to pop in a good, old-fashioned disc to watch a movie. … Likewise, there is no DVD player. You can play CDs using the still-included Windows Media Player.